Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Trailer: Spring... coming soon.

We all know that when we wash our cars or have our windows cleaned, it will rain the next day. Well, apparently, we should know that when one installs a clothes line, it will undoubtedly storm.

Fifteen minutes after I put out the inaugural load of towels, our warm weather headed south literally, as winds from Greenland swept down bringing hail and snow. I haven't used the clothes line since; Alastair has, but I think it was under protest. Our glimpse of Spring is gone, instead Winter is back. Yesterday, I spent my time at the gym staring out at blizzard conditions, white out and horizontal snow. In an hour we had a good blanket of the stuff. It didn't last, never seems to here. The sun shines through the storms pretty regularly. This morning, there's a crust of frost on everything. Hopefully, all that green showing last week got the message and hunkered down before it's too late.



So, here I am left with little evidence outside of the 70s I relished last week. Instead, I'm finding comfort and color in a few branches of cherry blossoms I brought inside. These should carry me through until the time changes Sunday and it warms up again.

2 comments:

Mary Anne Hoffmann said...

Great photo!! Is the background actually clouds?? Really nice job! Wow!

Erin Doyle said...

I echo mom's comments. Great photos!!