Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Generosity.

At the grocery store, a dialogue something like this transpired:

- That's £44.26. Do you collect school vouchers?

- Yes

- Do you have a Nectar card?

- Yes. [And, I reach back to the woman behind me and hand the clerk hers. ]

- Those aren't her points.

- No, but I would like to give her my points.

- That's naughty. [Swiping the card]

-No, it's generous. [Smile]

- Well, then... [he tears away too many school vouchers, smiling] These are vouchers that weren't taken today.

-Thank you.

I must remember humans have amazing capacity.

2 comments:

Erin Doyle said...

I get basicly what your saying but can you translate school vouchers and a Nectar Card?

BTW...nice story!

Edye said...

School vouchers are coupons that the schools turn into the grocery stores for cash, computers or school supplies. A Nectar Card is the same as a Smith's Fresh Values Card: a sku that's swiped for incentive points. -Edye