Sunday, February 11, 2007

What do you see?


Those are Alastair's bicycle tracks on his way to work last week.

Yes, it snowed. I feel like I'm back in the club again, since we haven't seen snow in... well, forever. It didn't last until noon, with only traces of evidence left the next morning. It was nice though.

We all did different things to adapt to this strange weather. Squeak decided sleeping on the down duvet just wasn't enough, and pinched my fleece too. We helped her nestle in ... just a bit.

I took a moment to wander the back garden, wondering when I would see these sights again. Remember this is very rare for me these days. It can be pretty darn cold here, the kind that forces me to wear a fleece vest under a fleece jacket and it still goes right through me. Mind you, I still smirk at my wee brother who always seems to be in negative 10 with a wind chill that would freeze polar bears. (Both of us need to learn not to leave our gym bags in the car overnight.)



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erin Doyle said...

Congrats on the snow! I would send some if I could.

I heard someone sold some Aspen snowballs on Ebay for a fare amount of money.

Anonymous said...

Squeek looks so wonderful! Glad you are happy with snow. It is snowing lightly here at this very minute! (7:45 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 15)