
Last night, the weather forecast included fog and freezing temperatures, a welcome change from the news that this is one of the warmest years on record. I am happy to report that the meteorologists were right and this morning was a wonderland of hoarfrost. This is a treat for not just me but for the garden which just hasn't received the necessary clues that it should stop blossoming and hunker down for a rest.
For those of you who shoveled snow this morning or tiptoed around icy patches, you'll bear with me as I celebrate the closest I've come to snow this winter.
Edye
2 comments:
I truly do wish you more of the same! I walked out of work last night to discover six inches of powder snow on my vehicle! The city was glorious! It continues to snow today, so don't loose hope...A white Christmas in Albuquerque??
Love, Mom
Funny thing, but we have been having a very mild winter. Our fist winter in Gunnison, Colorado, we had sever mornings at -25 deg F, and lots of snow that stayed and stayed. It was lovely - sprinkled with crystals that formed in the still dry cold air. Everything sparkled in the sun. But this year, Denver stold all our snow! We've only had a few inches total, which keeps melting away. I am loving the spring-like weather, but Eric is getting real worried about how the lack of snow-pack will mean a very short kayaking and raft-guiding season. I guess we have expirienced the two extremes now, so our future years here should fall in the 'expected' range. Feel free to plan a visit! I'm not likely to come to Cambridge any time soon, but I'm glad to have a virtual visit via your blog.
Post a Comment