
There are many reasons to spend hours in the kitchen: chocolate desserts come to mind immediately, just about anything with a chile pepper and, of course, dinner with friends. None of these require anything near the time spent on this gingerbread train. And, guess what? I gave it away. It was a prize at the Christmas raffle here in our village. Goodness knows what Alastair and I would have done with it.
It took 36 hours, several pounds of powdered sugar, all of my cinnamon and ginger, 3 metres of counterspace and a good deal of patience. Insanely, I think I could do it again. Perhaps it's my hidden desire to be an engineer, train or building... or maybe my ability to eat a lot of cookie dough.
2 comments:
Crazy comes to mind...only someone as anal as you are I are would spend that much time on something like an edible train.
It looks great!!!
erie
WOW!! AMAZING!! STUNNING!! That pic would be a great entry in the Farm Show!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment