Saturday, November 25, 2006

... courtesy of the RHS


At the end of a lovely visit by my mom, I endured a stressful two-hour journey to Heathrow airport for her departure. The drive should be a straight forward, but any travel in that neck of the woods is uncertain and with deadlines looming and commuters free to roam the motorways (freeways), it guaranteed to be an adventure. So, after 2-1/2 hours and an emotional farewell, I sought solace a little further south at the Royal Horticulture Society's Wisley Gardens.

RHS Wisley is by far my most outstanding discovery this side of the Scottish border. It's acres of green of all varieties, and few people. I can wander there often without seeing a soul, take in the fantastic gardens and learn a bit about my garden.

A couple of hours there, alone, was just what I needed before heading back to Cambridge. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary Anne Hoffmann said...

Good to know you have such a place at hand. Truly gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Love, Mom