Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Day in Town.


Trinity College


Alastair and I headed into the centre of Cambridge on Saturday to do a bit of shopping and have dinner. If you've heard from Alastair his views on Cambridge on a Saturday, you'll appreciate that this is especially brave. Fortunately, it wasn't as crowded as one would expect. I imagine most of the tourists with families have headed home by now and all the mums had shopped themselves to exhaustion preparing for school to start this week.

I pocketed our camera since I've grown tired of arriving in town only to curse not having it. Perhaps this is me growing, learning. We took advantage of the summer sales a bit, revived at Starbucks in Borders, then recuperated over bento boxes and Kirin beer at Teri-Aki. Not a bad day.
Posted by Picasa



Brass Flowers along Bridge Street

2 comments:

Mary Anne Hoffmann said...

Hello!

Aren't these the most delightful little pieces of art?? (I have them in my collection too :-} Thanks for reminding me!

Erin Doyle said...

Pretty picture. Just what I always thought it would look like. Can't wait to see it in person.