Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Face in the Crowd... photos



3 comments:

Edye said...

Hi, Marti.

So good to hear your voice! The masks weren't labeled as most were done anonymously. I think it added to the project because it tied the communities together (there are a lot of cliques in the village). Plus, there was no judgment, which would have prevented a lot of people from participating.

Some of masks did expand beyond their form, although not as many as I expected. I'll find a couple of examples and post them.

The masks have had their day, some have been returned to their owners and others (done at our local mental hospital) will be displayed in their own communities. There has been a bit of regret about the masks not 'living' longer, but I think it made the day a little more special.

Mary Anne Hoffmann said...

Dear Edye,

What an absolutely fabulous way to use public presentation art to unite a community behind one project! Many kudos to you! The masks are absolutely beautiful. Did the exhibit got wider coverage than just Fulbourn? Hope so. This kind of creativity needs to be encouraged! Good job!!

Erin Doyle said...

You effort was hopefully rewarded with the amazing outcome! I wish I could have been there to see it all first hand and to help with the setup and takedown. I love the behinds the scenes. Erie